Versatile Blogger Nomination for a Fun Friday
Happy Friday to all who have blessed their presence at the cubicle on this fun filled Friday! I was nominated for a Versatile Award by some very nice people, I am just now getting around to sharing, but what a great day to share right! First thank you to: More than Just Money, Million Dollar Ninja, and Frugal Farmer for the nominations, I always find it fun to share and interact with other great people out there.
The Versatile Blogger Award is simply to spread the word and share some love about other bloggers that have impacted you. As are the rules of the award, first, I’ll tell you 7 random facts about me, and then I’ll nominate my own 7 bloggers for the award. Here are my 7 random facts:
- I was the “fat” kid growing up. You can call it what you want, but I owned pants that were size Husky! It all worked out though, I liked girls and sports and knew that it would help to be in shape if I liked either one. One summer I rode my bike everywhere, ate less cheetos, and lost a good amount of weight. This was in middle school, ever since then I have been in to sports and exercising. I am no longer the “fat” kid!
- Most people would say I’m tall. I’m 6’3 wearing shoes(how often are we not really wearing shoes?). I played a lot of basketball growing up so it certainly helped being tall. I love being tall, reaching stuff on the top shelf, seeing over people at shows, and overall just being tall is nice.
- I own a Siberian Husky. We have had our dog, Angel for almost a year and half now. I have always wanted a Siberian Husky growing up, even though our St. Bernard’s were pretty cool. We rescued Angel from a shelter that saves Huskies from anything from run-a ways to to dogs that are scheduled to be put down, so if you are looking for a dog I highly recommend rescuing a dog. Also don’t give me the we want a puppy talk because we wanted a male puppy and once we had time to hang out with Angel we have been hooked ever since. She also keeps me in shape I walk her every morning when I/She wakes up and when I get home from work, rain, snow, or shine.
- My favorite vacation of all time is to Kauai. It was a wedding present from my parents. They wanted just us to go, but we talked them into going with us, which made it even more fun! Where do I even start, let’s see here’s a quick highlight: Snorkeling on the beach, taking an airplane over volcanoes and waterfalls, hiking up the Nepali coast to a waterfall, taking a Catamaran up the coast which included seeing dolphins and hanging out with sea turtles, and that’s just the highlights. It is so relaxing there, I’m pretty sure I could live there permanently.
- I married a Princess. To my knowledge she is not the official princess of Nicaragua, although I tell her she is repeatedly. I’m not trying to get points here, although if she reads this I certainly will;). I always say my Mother is the nicest person in the world, I hope I marry the second nicest person, Mrs. Even Steven is exactly that. She has made me a better person, helped me through difficult times, and encouraged me to do great things. She balances me out, I’m the gambler she’s the conservative, I’m the open book, she’s the locked chest, I’m the beast, she’s the beauty, the great thing is just like in the fairytale I have turned into a prince to her. WOW, that was super cheesy, I blame the princes for this one!
- I pictured myself being a Baller. I always thought I would be some financial advisor and then make a ton of money. I would proceed to buy fancy expensive cars, million dollar houses, and the expensive membership to the country club. Life punched me in the face and I found out many things about myself as I grew up rather quickly making mistakes and learning from them along the way. If you have read my blog you know that I have pretty much done a complete 180. I don’t own a car, think million dollar houses aren’t for me, and will probably end up at a public golf course my whole life because it’s less expensive and that’s who I am and who I hang out with. Maybe it’s just that my definition of Baller has changed, either way something has changed for the better.
- I hope this blog helps You and Me. I really enjoy writing about my journey paying off debt and working towards financial independence, but I also hope people read my blog and great things happen to their lives. I hope you get motivated to pay off debt, I hope your financial situation improves, I hope you learn from my mistakes and my successes. I hope you read my blog about selling online or cutting out a car payment and you WIN! I am writing to hold myself accountable and be inspired to learn more and WIN financially. I have read and learned many things from some of the great bloggers out there, that I am sharing as the real life example. I hope this blog helps You and Me.
That was a lot of fun, thank you again for the nominations and for reading my blog. I know many people have participated in the Versatile Blogger, here are my nominations, if you have already participated or want to Big Time me(jk), feel free to write a comment below sharing your favorite from your list of 7. And the nominees are:
- First Quarter Finance
- Islands of Investing
- Living Rich Cheaply
- Slowly Sipping Coffee
- The Frugal Cottage
- Journey to Saving
Also want to share I will be joining Luke1428 in a 31 Straight Days of Writing for Oktoberfest so make sure to check out the adventure. I have been writing down article ideas and other great ways to save money and I think it’s a great opportunity to get more great info out here on Even Steven Money!